Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fighting For My Girls







Little Angels



















Admiring Big Sister

(I just love that little bald head)







If you know me personally, you've probably heard that I've been diagnosed with breast cancer. In addition to the "D" word, I'm also facing the big ugly "C" word, too. Yippee.

Both my sister and my niece told me to "fight like a girl". I hadn't heard that expression, so what I pictured was two uncoordinated girls slapping at each other and pulling hair and crying and yelling MOM! Like we did when we were kids. I didn't get it. Someone had to explain it to me.

I love my girls {the ones pictured above} and I have to do everything I can so that I'll be here for them for as long as I possibly can be. Plus, I haven't really lived yet. There is so much I have to do, so many dreams to fulfill. There are too many people who want me to stick around awhile. And I've always looked forward to being a grandmother. I'm gonna be a GREAT grandmother some day.

I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment