Thursday, June 3, 2010

Looking Heavenward

Hugs for Sammy.





Two hawks soaring.


Maybe they'll spot SAM and guide him home.

We're missing our dog Sam. Someone deliberately broke our gate open last Friday night or early Saturday morning allowing all three of our big dogs to get loose and get lost: Sam, Sandra, and Umberto (or Bear for short). We recovered Sandra and Bear, and I am forever grateful to the gentleman who found them and held onto them. Literally. I was driving and searching for them when I rounded a curve and my daughter screamed "BEAR!" On the side of road was a very nice, concerned stranger who had braved the traffic to save them from getting hit. He held a dog by the collar in each hand. We stumbled across them at just the precise moment, as if by miracle. How long would he have been able to hang on, I wonder, before letting go?

So many people have assisted us this past week as we searched for Sam, but so far no luck. Everyone has been extremely helpful. Even the two officers who pulled me over for making an illegal U-turn. (I swear I didn't see that sign. And I promise to get that brake light fixed, too.) I'm making another trip to the animal shelter tomorrow. I just pray he is safe, wherever he is. Maybe another kind person found him and decided to keep him and fatten him up a bit. I hope they have lots of tennis balls for him to chase.

I miss you buddy. You silly dog. I wish I had gotten to kiss you one more time before you went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment