Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Beauty Everywhere


One time, when my youngest daughter was not quite three, she sat outside my closed bathroom door while I got ready for work. As I was brushing my hair, I heard her musical little voice say, "Mom, are you brushing your hair?" And I replied with a smile on my face, "Yes, Melody. How did you know?" (I knew she could hear the sound of the bristles as they brushed.)

She got very quiet, then I heard her sigh. She said, just a little bit exasperated, "There's beauty
everywhere, Mom."

Yes there is, Tiny Teacher. There's even music in my hair.

Where there is life, there is beauty. Even during times of trouble, we just have to look, listen, touch, taste and smell to recognize it.

My Tiny Teacher just turned 15 and as I face divorce after almost 23 years of marriage, I hold her lesson dear to my heart. No matter what, beauty remains, if we are open to finding it.


No comments:

Post a Comment