Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Birthday!





Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May






and








Carpe Diem, Y'all









Two of my friends, Michele and Mario, share the same birthday today. I'm wishing you both a very, very happy day.


Michele is an astrologer as well as a gifted writer and dancer, and those are just a few of her many talents. Both my May 20th friends are gifted communicators. Both friends were born outside the US and both inspire and encourage others. I'm fortunate to know you two.

The two pictures I've chosen for this blog entry were taken one year ago, May 2009, during my solo trip to the Biltmore House in Asheville, NC. I think it was a fated trip. Even though I had never been there before, the landscape seemed familiar and I kept having de ja vue moments. Especially when I got lost and kept driving around and around trying to find the exit I was looking for. I experienced that exact situation in a dream years ago. Asheville was unfamiliar at the time of my dream, but I recognized it once I arrived.

I also dreamed one time that I was lost in a dense fog. I was wandering alone in a strange sea side town. I could hear water lapping against the moored boats, even though I couldn't see them through the misty, gray veil. I could hear sails rustling in the breeze and metal clanking against metal as the waves gently rocked the boats. I could smell and taste the salt air, and feel moisture from the invisible sea against my skin. I was lost and searching for someone. Eventually I found my way to the beach. There were many people there, all having a good time. There was music and dancing and bonfires and food and drink and laughter. Yet I still wandered alone. Searching.

I'm sharing this dream because Michele told me that I've been living in a fog of denial for years. She's not being cruel, just honest. Plus she has the gift of insight. She has an uncanny ability to get right to the heart of the matter.

I also believe that my unconscious mind has been trying to wake me up for a long time. Sometimes we need a jolt, as painful as that may be.

It's time for me to walk out of the fog and embrace the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment